Wednesday, February 21

World War of the Three's

Oh my goodness! I don't even know my child anymore. Less than a week from turning three and she has reached the point that everyone warned me about and I hoped would never come. There are no cute pictures to post this blog time because things have not been cute at the Ingraldi house. It has been a house of chaos lately. This stage is so hard and I know I just have to brace myself for what is to come because I know that this Battle of the Wills will not end overnight. It makes me so sad when she is like that because I know she knows right from wrong. She tells me later, I'm sorry Mommy, I will be good now. Or, I'm sorry Mom, it was an accident. She is so darn cute, and she knows it.

For those that may think that we just don't discipline, we do, trust me. We aren't opposed to spankings, time outs, or telling her no. She is a very strong willed.

It breaks my heart, because as a working mom, I just want to have a good time with her when I get home at night, but lately it has been anything but fun.

Then, I feel so bad because I leave her with our wonderful babysitter who unfortunately bears the brunt of Kait's actions during the day. I call with dread, to hear what she has done so far in the day. Today at 11, she had already had 3 time outs. I don't know what we would do without Aunt Lisa, but I do know that we can never pay her enough for all the things she does for us.

I know this is a post full of venting but I really needed to tell someone else my frustrations. She really is a sweet little girl and I guess that's what makes this so hard is that I just want that little girl, the one I know is there, to just be good.

Say a prayer for me as I try to navigate through this unchartered territory.

No comments: