Tuesday, February 13

It's been a busy month!

Well, so far I haven't done a great job of keeping up but I will attempt to update y'all on what's been going on. The past few weeks have been plenty busy. I have recently taken on the role of events coordinator at church, so that has kept me busy. My job has been crazy lately. There is never a dull moment, which is good, but it is tiring. Michael has been working a lot of overtime, which is a financial blessing, but not seeing him as much really affects family dynamics. Kaitlin seems to act worse when he isn't around as much as normal. It is hard being a working mom but truthfully I can't see it any other way. I love being with Kaitlin but I get a real sense of accomplishment seeing things that I have worked so hard on get recognition. So between juggling working schedules, and handling all the day to day activities, this blog hasn't yet been used to its full potential.


Here is a brief update through pictures.

I love Clifford the Big Red Dog!
In late January, we took Kaitlin to see Clifford the Big Red Dog LIVE! She was so excited. We kept it a secret up until we saw they stage. It was very cute and she loved it. It is so much fun to do big girl things now.

Happy Birthday Michael!
We celebrated Michael's 26th birthday today. We took him to Outback, thanks to a gift card left from Christmas. We only spent $13 at Outback, nice tip included. Thanks to my boss for the gift card. Kaitlin has said for weeks that she wanted to make her daddy a blue birthday cake. Lucky for me and the food coloring, I found blue sprinkles.

Here's to a blessed year for Michael!






Kaitlin also said she wanted to make him a blue present, so this picture frame was painted by Kati. If you ask her, she painted it blue, and green, and orange, and yellow, and red!

Also her favorite joke right now is "Knock knock?" who's there? "Cargo?" Cargo who? "Car go beep-beep!" she loves to tell it and we laugh hard every time. Her laugh is infectious, she can't get through the joke without laughing.

Hard to believe she will be 3 two weeks from now. She is getting so big and is so much fun (most of the time when her strong will doesn't get in the way!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am not sure which she was more excited over, seeing Clifford or baking the birthday cake for her Daddy.
She is a special little girl!

Anonymous said...

Great update! Your haircut looks super cute in that picture of you and Kati! Hope to hear more from you soon!