Wednesday, June 4

The dreaded question...a little too early!

So the other day, I am folding Ava's laundry in her room and Kati is helping me. Out of nowhere, Kati comes at me with a question, I wasn't quite ready to answer for another 4 or so years. She says, Mommy, how did I get in your belly? In my head I'm scrambling and I chuckled a nervous laugh. Once my brain got it together, I told her that when a mommy and daddy love each other God puts the baby in the mommy's tummy. Luckily, this pleased her and we went back to folding clothes. Whew!

Also, in Kati news. I am pleased to report that she sat and watched the weather reporting with me tonight for a long time. I took a meteorology class in college and loved it, so much to the point that I remember more of that than anything else I ever took. She used to be deathly afraid of storms but I think she is doing better this weather season. She was very calm when the tornado sirens sounded this evening. She wanted to know why I was getting blankets and supplies together, I told her and she was okay with it.

She has also started to pick out her own outfits. Some days she does a pretty good job and really surprises me, other days, she cracks me up with her concepts but somehow they work. This one isn't that bad, but the pink heart shirt with brown skirt, and pink blue and white striped socks made me laugh. She is so stinkin' cute.

2 comments:

Nook said...

Isn't it sucha funny moment when you're kids bring up something that is so embarrasing to you to try to explain??? Here's 2 examples from me...
1. One day in my bedroom Jake asks me if I have a penis. Now I can hardly bare to utter the anatomically correct word for the the human "body", so I explained that girls have different "parts" than boys. He later asked me if Emily had a penis. Go figure.

2. Yesterday we got back from the pool and Jake didn't put his T-shrit back on. He says "Mom, look what I'm doing." I look over and he got his finger on his nipple, pushing it like a button. He asks me to see mine. Yikes. I had to explain that for girls, nipples are private areas....where's Ryan when I need him???

Have a great day!
Shannon

Amber said...

Oh, the joys of questioning! I think the outfit is very cute. She looks just like a four year old should.