Wednesday, May 14

Who's Got the Beat?

I guess I do but not the way I wish I did. I can't dance at all. I am wearing a 24 hour halter monitor for my heart to try and figure out why I am having such rapid accelerations that occur out of the blue. They last for 5 to 10 minutes and it feels like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. This started about 6 weeks ago, right after I quit nursing Ava so I attributed it to the re-introduction of caffiene to my body again but not so much anymore. I went to the cardiologist yesterday for a 24 hour monitor to try and see what's up. I am not thrilled with being 27 and wearing one of these. I am really hoping it is just stress or something. I plan on getting my cholesterol checked as well. Given my family's heart health history - I'm not leaving anything to chance. I go back in 2 weeks for the results.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hope you are ok! I'll be praying.